Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day - 2013

As we gather today with our families to celebrate Memorial Day, I often wonder if we may sometimes forget the reason for why we celebrate this day. From the founding of this great nation, men and women have put themselves in harms way and many have paid the ultimate sacrifice for ensuring our freedom and way of life.

Today, I honor the memory of two very important people in my life. My father in law and my great uncle. Neither of these men would ever claim to have been heroes, but they were to me.

It is difficult for some to understand the significance of what it means to put on a uniform and swear an oath. It means you have dedicated your life to something greater than yourself.

On this day, may we never forget those who have served and those who have died to ensure that America remains the Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave.

God Bless Them All.




No comments: