Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gas Prices.......... WTF?

OK, here is a pet peeve of mine.............. yeah, stop snickering I have a lot of them

Maybe someone more intelligent than I can explain this to me.

On Tuesday (3/17), I drove by my local gas station and was amazed to see gas selling for $1.64. I made a mental note to fill up, but since I have so much on my mind (namely the friggen mess this country is in) I forgot. And no, my forgetting had nothing to do with it being St. Patrick's Day.

Today (3/19), while I went to the post office I looked down and thought, "Oh crap, gas.." So I pulled into the gas station and screamed liked a girl. $1.99............... WTF ? Seriously we are talking 48 hours to the hour.

Now, you all know me, I can't let this pass without trying to find out what the hell happened. Was there a catastrophic refinery fire in Texas, did a deep sea earthquake knock-out an oil platform or two, did the middle east implode (again) ?

Well, here's what I can tell you.

NEW YORK (AP) - Oil prices slumped Wednesday on a government report showing that crude and gasoline inventories are bulging with surplus supply. Benchmark crude for April delivery fell $1.02 to settle at $48.14 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Yes you read that correctly, bulging surplus & oil prices fell............... so can someone explain what triggered a $.35 INCREASE at the pump ?

I guess it's Just another day of getting hosed in the United States.

No comments: