Friday, March 6, 2009

What is a Trillion Dollars ?

For many, the “idea” of spending a trillion dollar is pretty much nothing more than an idea……… there is nothing tangible to hold onto. So I thought I would put this in perspective for all of you who need visuals.

Now remember as you read this simple concept, the President is talking about spending 3.5 Trillion Dollars.

If I gave you $1.00 every second, in 11 days you would have One Million Dollars in your bank account.

If I gave you $1.00 every second, in 32 years you would have One Billion Dollars in your bank account.

If I gave you $1.00 every second, in 32 thousand years you would have One Trillion Dollars in your bank account.

Although, with the way financial institutions are being run these days, I'm not sure I'd count on them to be around !!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: