Thursday, June 6, 2013

D-Day - June 6th, 1944

When I got up this morning I turned on the TV, as I am habitually prone to do, and began watching the talking heads spouting off about one scandal or another that is going on in the swamp none as Washington D.C.

What I noted was that there was virtually nothing about what truly separates this day apart from all the others. I guess political scandal trumps all others.

For those who served and for all those lost at Pointe Du Hoc and Sword, Juno, Gold, Utah & Omaha beaches, a reminder that you will never be forgotten.

I can't help but wonder, as I watch the antics in D.C. and the disgusting "massaging" of the words someone said or didn't say, if those young men storming the beaches knew what would happen, would they have risked it all? Are we minimizing their sacrifice as we hold our elected officials to such a low  threshold.

Did the greatest generation give us the lamest generation?

Follow me on Twitter @Huntzmanblog

No comments: